98.7 AMP Radio and Gleaners Community Food Bank are partnering once again to increase donations for those in need and for the BackPacks for Kids program this holiday season!
For four days in November, The Coop Show, Roxanne, Slacker and HaZe will broadcast live from different locations around Metro Detroit where listeners will be encouraged to stop by and donate money and canned goods to help fill the Mayflower truck with food.
The broadcast locations and dates will be as follows:
- Thursday, November 13 – Value Center Marketplace, Livonia: 6am – 7pm
- Friday, November 14 – Value Center Marketplace, Clinton Township: 6am – 7pm
- Saturday, November 15 – Value Center Marketplace, Madison Heights: 10am – 7pm
- Sunday, November 16 – Neiman’s Family Market, Clarkston: 10am – 7pm
In addition to the live broadcasts, we will also be collecting food at the following locations:
- Monday, November 17 – Hiller’s Market, Union Lake: 5pm – 7pm
- Monday, November 17 – Blackwell Ford, Plymouth Twp: 5pm – 7pm
- Tuesday, November 18 – Taylor Chevrolet, Taylor: 4pm – 6pm
- Tuesday, November 18 – Hiller’s Market, Plymouth: 5pm – 7pm
- Wednesday, November 19 – Merollis Chevrolet, Eastpointe: 4pm – 6pm
- Wednesday, November 19 – Hiller’s Market, West Bloomfield: 5pm – 7pm
Over 300,000 children in our area receive two out of three meals a day at school. Gleaners partners with local schools to distribute BackPacks filled with nutritious food that are enough to provide children with six meals on the weekends!
Each BackPack contains:
- Two 8 ounce shelf stable milks
- Two 15 ounce cans of protein
- One 15 ounce can of vegetables
- One 15 ounce can of fruit
- 12-15 ounces of whole grain cereal or crackers
Currently, there are 150 schools entered in the Backpack program and 90 schools are on the waiting list. A $1 donation can equal up to 3 lbs of food and in 2013, AMP Radio collected 15,000 lbs of food!
Keep listening to 98.7 AMP Radio for more info and have a wonderful holiday season!