If you want your younger coworkers to think you’re cool, apparently you should stop using certain words. There was a list posted of words that make you sound old. Here are five words you might want to start using less.
- Totally – Like when you’re agreeing with someone.
- Sweet – Some people in their late 20’s & 30’s think everything is sweet.
- Cool – Younger people do use it in specific situations, but they don’t use it on its own as much.
- Bummer – It sounds dated, like something you’d say in the 90’s.
- Awesome – You can still use it, like if your recent trip to Hawaii was “awesome”.
More “Cool” words HERE!