There are lots of diets and healthy trends out there – cleanses, diets, creams, lotions, you name it.
But this is a new one on me – slicing up an onion (red or white) and putting it in a sock, under your heel, and sleeping with it.
I’m hesitant to bring this up to my fiance, but here are the benefits, according to many websites, including ParentsSociety.com:
- Onions soak up toxins in the air that get trapped in your sinuses.
- Onions can draw the “bad” bacteria out of your gut.
- They work with your thyroid to aid in weight loss.
- Removal of toxins can aid in liver and kidney function.
- They can ward off mosquitoes and other insects.