It’s that time of the year! Pumpkin Spice Latte’s are back! But do you know what that delicious treat is doing to your body?
1. After five minutes, it activates your brain’s reward system and triggers the release of endorphins.
2. After 15 minutes, the sugar you just drank begins to raise your blood sugar, however the fat from the milk and whipped cream slows the rush.
3. After 20 minutes, your blood sugar continues to rise, which triggers the release of insulin.
4. After 30 minutes, triglycerides enter your blood stream. After some time, high triglyceride levels can cause your blood vessels to clog, raise your cholesterol, and increase your risk of heart disease.
5. After four hours, your blood sugar crashes, so you start to crave food.