So I have been waiting all week to talk about my awesome trip to LA to see a special screening of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles starring Megan Fox and Will Arnett! It was probably the most awesome trip ever and the movie is hands down the most amazing Ninja Turtle movie I have ever seen! I’m definitely going to go see it again after it comes out August 8th.
This entire trip was AMAZING though, so I’m just going to give a run down of all the awesome things that happened on my travels to the wonderful city of LA, where I got the rock star treatment:
- My hotel was one of the nicest hotels in LA; I stayed at the Four Seasons, with the BEST view of all of LA and there was even a TV in my BATHROOM! Plus the view was breathtaking.
- We went to a screening of the TMNT at Mann’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood which was a super cool experience in itself if you’ve never been on the Hollywood strip.
- The movie was AWESOME! The special effects were great, I think this was one of my favorite performances by Megan, and there were several times that I couldn’t stop myself from laughing out loud.
- After the movie I met some of the best people in media. I even met Greg Russell a fellow Detroiter! AND Megan Fox’s camera man was a fellow Detroit native!
- I got to interview two of the coolest people EVER! Will Arnett was my first interview which was nerve wracking because I had NO idea what to expect since this was my first ever interview like this (it’s like a line of people in media and you’re in and out in 5 minutes so the next interviewer can come in and I have never seen such a nice/fancy camera set up before!) Megan was my 2nd interview of the day and she was AWESOME! She liked my tattoos and asked me to walk over to her so that she could get a better look at them. She was very laid back and down to earth and she definitely made me feel like we could have been friends.
- I met MC Magic, who is a rapper but also now a radio host! I had no clue! He was sitting next to me getting ready to interview Megan Fox too and we just instantly hit it off!
- I rode the elevator with the Visual Effects Supervisor of TMNT Pablo Helman who has also worked on Star Wars… so we had a great conversation about how awesome the work on the movie was… He worked on that for two years!
The interviews should be up soon, but the movie is out this week and I give it my stamp of approval if you haven’t seen it yet! Cowabunga Dude!