5 Reasons 5 Seconds Of Summer Is The Next Big Thing Out Of Australia Since AC/DC & INXS
You may or may not have heard of the extremely talented dudes of 5 Seconds Of Summer, but if you haven’t, you will soon!
AMP Radio had a #SwitchParty with 5SOS last Summer and it was their first performance in front of an audience here in the U.S. We also were the first station in the country to play their current HIT single ‘She Looks So Perfect’!
Music.yahoo.com has come up with the top 5 reasons 5SOS is the next best thing out of Australia since AC/DC & INXS!
1. Their single “She Looks So Perfect” is an international hit. It reached #1 last week on the U.K.’s Official Singles Chart. It has also hit #1 in Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. And now it’s breaking in the U.S.: It’s the top new entry on Hot Digital Songs this week at #26 (51K).
2. The group has opened for One Direction, the reigning boy band, and Hot Chelle Rae, whose “Tonight, Tonight” (#7 on the Hot 100 in summer 2011) was fizzy good fun.
3. The song’s video has broad appeal. It features many characters, of all body types, taking their shirts off. “I love how they don’t just use perfect people,” one fan commented at YouTube.
4. There’s always demand for new acts in the teen pop world. One Direction’s first hit, “What Makes You Beautiful,” came out a little more than two years ago. Justin Bieber’s first hit, “One Time,” came out nearly five years ago. That’s an eternity in teen pop terms.
5. After a long, cold winter in much of the U.S., a name like “5 Seconds Of Summer” has undeniable appeal.
Check out more on this list HERE.
Next Friday, April 18th, 5SOS will be playing at the Royal Oak Music Theatre & taking part in another exclusive #SwitchParty for AMP Radio listeners! Listen to win passes all week or sign up HERE!