The Oscars And The RAZZIEs – Predictions For The Best And The Worst!
This weekend, both the 34th Annual RAZZIE Awards and the 86th Annual Academy Awards will take place, which traditionally take stock of the worst of the worst, and the best of the best!
Just for fun, we’re pairing up some of the most popular categories of both the RAZZIEs and the Oscars to create a cinema year-in-review! Check out our predictions and be sure to share your own!
- Christian Bale: American Hustle
- Bruce Dern: Nebraska
- Leonardo DiCaprio: The Wolf of Wall Street
- Chiwetel Ejiofor: 12 Years A Slave
- Matthew McConaughey: Dallas Buyers Club
- Johnny Depp: The Lone Ranger
- Ashton Kutcher: Jobs
- Adam Sandler: Grown Ups 2
- Jaden Smith: After Earth
- Sylvester Stallone: Bullet To The Head, Escape Plan, Grudge Match
Oscar Predictions: Leonardo DiCaprio seems to be the favorite for the Oscar this year, though he has famously been snubbed several times. If that occurs, it could free-up Matthew McConaughey to take home the coveted award for Dallas Buyers Club.
RAZZIE Predictions: Upon his casting in the Steve Jobs biopic Jobs, many thought Ashton Kutcher may finally break into Oscar territory, but alas, he’s landed among the RAZZIE contenders instead. We’re not sure his performance was bad enough to win him the award, and since Johnny Depp’s portrayal of Tonto in The Lone Ranger was so widely panned, we’re going to go with him!
- Amy Adams: American Hustle
- Cate Blanchett: Blue Jasmine
- Sandra Bullock: Gravity
- Judi Dench: Philomena
- Meryl Streep: August: Osage County
- Halle Berry: Movie 43, The Call
- Selena Gomez: Getaway
- Lindsay Lohan: The Canyons
- Tyler Perry: A Madea Christmas
- Naomi Watts: Diana, Movie 43
Oscar Predictions: It seems like Amy Adams has a good chance of winning this one for her electrifying performance in American Hustle, though let’s be honest, it wouldn’t be too shocking if it went to the ever-popular Meryl Streep…again.
RAZZIE Predictions: Lindsay Lohan’s return to the silver screen apparently fell very flat. The controversial actress has three nominations pending for this year’s RAZZIEs, and her performance in The Canyons was treated as a bit of a joke in and of itself. Sorry Li-Lo, but we’re going with you on this one!
Best Supporting Actor:
- Barkhad Abdi: Captain Philips
- Bradley Cooper: American Hustle
- Michael Fassbender: 12 Years A Slave
- Jonah Hill: The Wolf of Wall Street
- Jared Leto: Dallas Buyers Club
Worst Supporting Actor:
- Chris Brown: Battle Of The Year
- Larry the Cable Guy: A Madea Christmas
- Taylor Lautner: Grown Ups 2
- Will Smith: After Earth
- Nick Swardson: A Haunted House, Grown Ups 2
Oscar Predictions: Our guess for Best Supporting Actor is Jared Leto, whose performance in Dallas Buyers Club impressed fans and critics alike. However, it would be great to see newcomer Barkhad Abdi take home the award, who was previously a limo driver before his landing his first role in Captain Philips.
RAZZIE Predictions: Really, it’s anyone’s game in this category of the RAZZIEs, but we’re going to go ahead and say Larry the Cable Guy…just because.
Best Supporting Actress:
- Sally Hawkins: Blue Jasmine
- Jennifer Lawrence: American Hustle
- Lupita Nyong’o: 12 Years A Slave
- June Squibb: Nebraska
Worst Supporting Actress:
- Lady Gaga: Machete Kills
- Salma Hayek: Grown Ups 2
- Katherine Heigl: The Big Wedding
- Kim Kardashian: Tyler Perry’s Temptation
- Lindsay Lohan: In-App-Propriate Comedy, Scary Movie 5
Oscar Predictions: Jennifer Lawrence is generally regarded as crowd favorite for this one (and for everything else, for that matter), but we think it’ll be newcomer Lupita Nyong’o for her amazing performance in 12 Years A Slave.
RAZZIE Predictions: We refuse to connect the terms “Lady Gaga” and “worst,” and since we already chose Lindsay Lohan, we’re going to go with Kim Kardashian for her role in Tyler Perry’s Temptation.
Best Motion Picture:
- American Hustle
- Captain Phillips
- Dallas Buyers Club
- 12 Years A Slave
- The Wolf of Wall Street
- After Earth
- Grown Ups 2
- The Lone Ranger
- A Madea Christmas
- Movie 43
Oscar Predictions: With nine nominees in this category, this is hard one, but we’re going to say it’s between 12 Years A Slave and Gravity.
RAZZIE Predictions: Again, any one of these could take home the title of Worst Picture, but as The Lone Ranger was regarded as such a failure, that’s our pick!