If you are a huge fan of Chipotle, like I am, and are sometimes disappointed with how much you get in your burrito, or in my case burrito bowl… I have great news for you. You no longer have the get uncomfortable watching them skim by some of your favorite fillings/toppings and awkwardly ask for more. There a few tips and tricks for getting bigger portions next time you order that tortilla, or bowl, full of heaven. Thanks to some great people at BussinessInsider.com, we will never leave a Chipotle still feeling hungry:
- Smile at your sever. This is very important and it’s the polite thing to do!
- Get the bowl vs the burrito. More food is served in a bowl.
- Ask for a tortilla on the side (well because it’s free).
- When they put the rice, ask for extra rice (also free.)
- Ask for both pinto and black beans (that’s also free!)
- Get the fajita vegetables (yes, these are also free).
- Now the key: Ask for 1/2 Protein A and 1/2 Protein B. You only get charged for one portion of the more expensive protein. However, many places give you 3/4-1 scoop of A and B (essentially giving you double protein), when only charging you for one portion.
- I ask for the medium and hot salsa. With extra corn.
- Add lettuce (and whatever else topping you want.)
- Ask for a salad dressing (also free).
- Guac on the side usually gives you more than guac in the burrito or bowl.
- Go late at night, about an hour within closing time. They’ll just keep shoving the burrito until it explodes.
- Honorable mention: Do all of the above with a burrito. Now when they wrap it, the burrito will be so massive that the first tortilla is bound to rip. So then they double wrap it.
Congratulations. You now have enough food to feed a small family. Obviously, doing all of these tips may be too much food for you. But hey, I’m probably going to head over there tomorrow and try some of these out.