Top Ten Reasons Why I LOVE The Tigers!
I’ve always been a big baseball fan. My Dad was a die hard baseball fan. I grew up watching game after game with my Dad, and as a family we went to a lot of baseball games. My hometown team is the Los Angeles Dodgers and I will forever cheer for them! My love for the Tigers started 13 years ago when I met my husband in Chicago who was from Detroit! Lucky for me I was a Cubs fan because as we know, Tiger fans DO NOT like White Sox fans!!
Here are my Top Ten Reasons why I Love Tiger Baseball!! I’d love to hear yours!
1. The Old English D baby!
2. Ernie Harwell. What a voice. One of baseballs finest.
3. Opening Day! When I first moved to Michigan I went to opening day and had the time of my life!! To date it’s still the best time I’ve had since moving to Michigan!
4. Jim Leyland! I had a chance to met the Skipper last year and he was the coolest!! Plus he’s a damn good coach!
5. Justin Verlander. He is an unbelievable pitcher. Verlander truly is something special.
6. Paws! I love cats!
7. Comerica Park. I didn’t live here to attend a game at Tiger Stadium, but I’ve heard some amazing stories! Comerica Park is a beautiful ballpark, and I LOVE going to games there.
8. I love that the Tigers play as a team and you feel that as a fan. The Tigers have excellent individual players, but they play as a “team” and I find that so inspiring.
9.Miguel Cabera. He plays hard every time. I love his endurance through all of his injuries.
10. The fans! I’ve met some of the coolest people at Tiger games or just talking baseball at the coffee shop. Tiger fans are down to earth and passionate about their team! Go Tigers!!
Hanging with my CBS Radio crew and we met the Skipper!