The latest model of Apple’s iPhone hits stores next week. If you’re thinking about buying one, here’s five things you should know first:
- The screen is bigger. The iPhone 5 boasts 4 inches of screen compared to 3.5 on the 4S.
- It feels less like carrying a brick around in your pocket. The new model is 18% thinner and 20% lighter than the 4S.
- It has 4G compatibility. One of the biggest laughing points about the iPhone is rectified, now you can get those super fast speeds that have already BEEN available on prepay phones.
- It still costs the same. Even after adding 4G access, a better camera, a quicker processor and a stronger battery, the price point remains the same: $199 for the 16 Gigabyte, $399 to quadruple up to 64 gigs.
- Your current iPhone charger won’t work with it. The iPhone 5 has a new, smaller input. so none of those white cords you have hangin around is going to work. not unless you spend $29 on an adaptor that is. A $29 adapter?! I’m SO good on that!
The iPhone 5 hits stores on Friday, September 21st, but you can preorder it starting on the 14th. I’ve yet to buy an iPhone, and I don’t think that’s going to change for this model. At least, not until they make one with a slide out keyboard! How about you? Are you buying an iPhone 5?
You can let me know on Facebook right here