Buck And Coop’s Top 10 Tips To Stay Safe During A Tornado!
The weather in Metro Detroit has been horrible the past couple days. It has been so bad, some people have no power! Through last night and into this morning, we have found out that there are over 300,000 people in the area affected by the bad weather, and over 200,000 people that have NO POWER! While no one really wants to go through bad weather, especially a tornado, Buck and Coop have tips for you on how to stay safe!
Buck and Coop come to a storm prepared! They know it can be pretty scary, but they also know that it makes everyone feel better when they know they are prepared for the worse! In Buck and Coop’s Top 10 list on how to stay safe during severe weather, it gives you a few things you may not think of to have around.
- Glow sticks are a good source of light when you are low on batteries! Flashlights and batteries are always the best source of light but glow sticks are cheap and can save batteries.
- Have a few boxes of granola bars. Water is something EVERYONE should have stocked up incase of an emergency, but not everyone remembers the small bits of food.
- As soon as the power goes off, and it seems like it will be like that for a while, fill your bathtub up with water! I promise, there will be MANY uses for the water, including using it to fill your toilet up so you can flush it!
- Get ice to try to keep your fridge items, fresh. You can use the directions listed here to make a great mix to keep things cold!
- If outside and lightning starts to strike, crouch down with your feet flat on the ground, and over up your ears! The rubber on the soles of your shoe will keep you grounded if you get hit. And covering up your ears will help you block out the noise from the lightning.
To hear more tips, listen to Buck and Coop talking about the bad weather from earlier this morning:
Click here to download (right click & save as)