How to Determine How Much To Spend on a Wedding Gift
So I’m going to a wedding this weekend. The thing is, I don’t really know anything about weddings. Yeah, I’ve been to a few, but I was DJing most of those and that’s completely different. Of the ones I did attend, I never had to personally buy the gift. So the issue is, I have NO CLUE how much to spend on this present. I definitely don’t want to spend too little and come off cheap, but I don’t want to look like I’m fronting either. FYI, me and the groom aren’t extremely close, but I’ve known him for like 20 years. These are the guidelines and gift suggestions that listeners called in with:
- Just buy whatever, it’s the thought that counts. (FAIL)
- give them a hug and a bottle of champagne.
- try to match the price of your dinner.
- try to match the dinner PLUS 30% so you are actually giving them more.
- 50 bucks! I don’t care who, what, why, or where, they get 50 bucks!
What do you think? Can I make one of these work?