Are You A Healthy Drunk?
I feel that I am a healthy drunk. OK, I know those two don’t go together, but it’s true. I actually don’t get drunk not because getting drunk isn’t good for you, but because I don’t want to ingest too many calories. That’s why I usually stick with a vodka and diet pop. But is that really the best way to go?
According to LifeHacker.com, there is such a thing as a healthy drunk. It’s just a person that is being conscious of their calorie intake while drinking, and trying their hardest not to go overboard. While there are no real rules on what drinks are always better for you, there are a few cool tips.
The simplest way to go is choose between wine and liquor. Now they say “liquor, not mixed drinks” In the mixed drinks, there are just far too many syrups and sugars in them to even be remotely healthy. But their main tips are:
- Drink wine. It’s low in calories.
- Drink liquor. By itself. It’s low in calories.
- If you can’t do without your mixed drinks, consider diet tonic, sodas, juices, etc. WebMD offers this list of low-calorie mixers.
- If diet mixers aren’t an option, most martinis are low on calories (apart from the obvious, like chocolate martinis)
- Gin and tonic is not bad (around 200 calories), but the tonic can add up fast.
- Light beer is healthier than your favorite pale ale. Shocker!
- If you want to faceoff your favorite drinks, head over to web site Get Drunk Not Fat.
Read more at LifeHacker.com