Tomorrow is Valentines Day, hopefully you’ve already gotten the love of your life something special. If not, the pressure is on. Unless of course you are the ones claiming you don’t celebrate it because it’s a “made up holiday” or you “don’t need a special day to show your love”. I don’t know why, but people tend to buy cheesy and unique gifts on Valentines Day. Luckily, it’s one of those “Holidays” where you don’t need to do that. Just stick to the classics… that’s why they’re called classics. Ya know, the typical dinner, flowers, and jewelry. Maybe even make it extra special and do the whole homemade dinner, wine, and alone time thing! Or maybe you even go over board and treat it like it’s their birthday (clothes, a new ipad… etc). Anyways, here is a list of things that you should NOT be getting your boyfriend or girlfriend tomorrow.
1. “Love Coupons” – These are not cute anymore. Even if it is homemade. Giving your girlfriend a coupon that says “one free back rub” or “I’ll do the dishes tonight” is not a gift. These are things that you should be doing with out a coupon reminder.
2. Naughty Board Games – Ya know, those sex games, dice, or cards? Don’t. Nothing is worse then using a board game as an excuse to get freaky. Besides the fact they are so outdated, party like it’s 1999 outdated, you should not need assistance from dice to get it on. But then again, if you do need a little inspiration, buy a book or something.
3. Gift Certificate to get Something Sexy – “Here honey, I got you this gift card to Victoria’s Secret so you can look sexier for me” is all that means. If you want to see your girl in something sexy, pick it out yourself. Otherwise, stay away from that department.
4. Anything Car, Cleaning, or Hardware Related – The absolute last thing to get you lady is something you can use, ie: new window wipers, snow blower, TV, tools, tires, vacuum, oil change… you get the point.
5. Stuffed Animals – Unless you are getting this for your kids, stay away from those teddy bears! Grown adults do not want or need a stuffed animal. The last thing your woman or man needs is something that reminds them of their childhood or a dog that says “I Ruff You” when you squeeze it.
6. Last But Not Least, A Break Up – Why would you pick a day to celebrate love to end it? If you knew it was coming do it well in advanced or at least a week after. Unless of course you catch them cheating or something horrible.