I am a huge fan of Starbucks cake pops. They are litterally a bite-sized piece of heaven. But rather than having to pay a few bucks for them and having the inconvenience of stopping at a starbucks every time you want a small desert, you can just make them from home, in larger quantities, and for much cheaper.
They are very easy to make with not a lot of ingredients and utensils needed. Here goes, good luck! Let me know if you make them and how they turn out!
1) Bake a cake (any flavor of your choice) according to the package instructions. Let baked cake cool for an hour or so.
2) Crumble the cake into small pieces in a bowl. Mix with frosting (choose a flavor that complements the cake) until it’s sticky consistency that forms easily into balls. Note: Too much or not enough frosting will not form balls well, so start off easy and add more as you go.
3) Roll cake into balls. Put balls on baking sheet covered in wax paper and chill in fridge for an hour or so.
4) Melt chocolate pieces in microwave according to package instructions. Dip lollipop stick in the melted chocolate and insert into cake ball. Return the cake pop to the fridge until the chocolate hardens (couple minutes).
5) Dip the cake pop into melted chocolate again and allow it to drip down the sides. You can sprinkle with various toppings to dress them up. Insert the cake pop into a styrofoam piece to dry (buy from craft store) or even an egg carton might do.
6) Enjoy your perfect mini indulgence!!