SnowMyGod! If you split the United States in half and look at everything on the Eastern half, you’ll know that all those states are getting ready for a massive snowstorm dubbed Snowpocalypse or Snowmageddon. Everyone is preparing for the worst, thanks to weather channels and meteorologists. Apart from the snow, which causes a huge inconvenience when traveling anywhere, there are other inconveniences that many people forget about. What am I talking about? Power outages: no electricity, no TV, no Internet, etc. Now, if you lose power after reading this, you’ll be set.
-Prepare for a Power Loss:
- Charge your devices the night beforehand
- Charge Extra Batteries
- Save battery life by keeping them in sleep mode
- Dig Out Your Old Phones (just in case)
- Get The Most Out of Your Battery Life: Dim your screen, turn off bluetooth, and don’t use an app unless it’s essential.
- Use Your Car as a Phone Charger When You Really Need It
-Prepare for an Internet Outage:
- Tether Your Phone (use your phone has a mobile hotspot)
- Rent a movie from iTunes since Netflix will be down
- Check and See If You’re the Only One (Try going to a Starbucks, McDonald’s or other Wi-Fi hotspot)
-If your Cell Service goes out (or your battery dies)
- Use Google Voice through Gmail Calling: If you’ve already signed up to use Google Voice, you can make free calls from Gmail’s chat sidebar.
- Skype through your computer
-Accept your tech-free day as a gift from the productivity God’s
- Catch Up On Sleep
- Dust Your House (Or clean in some way that doesn’t require electricity)
- Read a book you’ve been wanting to get to