Stay Productive During Snowpocalypse 2011
SnowMyGod! If you split the United States in half and look at everything on the Eastern half, you’ll know that all those states are getting ready for a massive snowstorm dubbed Snowpocalypse or Snowmageddon. Everyone is preparing for the worst, thanks to weather channels and meteorologists. Apart from the snow, which causes a huge inconvenience when traveling anywhere, there are other inconveniences that many people forget about. What am I talking about? Power outages: no electricity, no TV, no Internet, etc. Now, if you lose power after reading this, you’ll be set.
-Prepare for a Power Loss:
- Charge your devices the night beforehand
- Charge Extra Batteries
- Save battery life by keeping them in sleep mode
- Dig Out Your Old Phones (just in case)
- Get The Most Out of Your Battery Life: Dim your screen, turn off bluetooth, and don’t use an app unless it’s essential.
- Use Your Car as a Phone Charger When You Really Need It
-Prepare for an Internet Outage:
- Tether Your Phone (use your phone has a mobile hotspot)
- Rent a movie from iTunes since Netflix will be down
- Check and See If You’re the Only One (Try going to a Starbucks, McDonald’s or other Wi-Fi hotspot)
-If your Cell Service goes out (or your battery dies)
- Use Google Voice through Gmail Calling: If you’ve already signed up to use Google Voice, you can make free calls from Gmail’s chat sidebar.
- Skype through your computer
-Accept your tech-free day as a gift from the productivity God’s
- Catch Up On Sleep
- Dust Your House (Or clean in some way that doesn’t require electricity)
- Read a book you’ve been wanting to get to